If you’re new to Direct-Response Marketing the best books to pick up are the No B.S. series by Dan Kennedy. I’ve read most of his books and they are jammed pack with information (You may remember I talked about the No B.S. Newsletter in an earlier post which you can check out by Clicking Here).
From Dan’s book No B.S. Direct Marketing: The Ultimate No Holds Barred Kick Butt Take No Prisoners Direct Marketing for Non-Direct Marketing Businesses he says there are “10 No B.S. Rules” you must follow when creating a Direct-Response Marketing campaign:
1. There will always be an OFFER or OFFERS
2. There will be a reason to RESPOND RIGHT NOW
3. You will give CLEAR INSTRUCTIONS
4. There will be TRACKING, MEASUREMENT, and ACCOUNTABILITY
5. Only NO-COST BRAND BUILDING
6. There will be FOLLOW-UP
7. There will be STRONG COPY
8. It will LOOK LIKE MAIL-ORDER ADVERTISING
9. RESULTS RULE. Period
10. You will be a TOUGH-MINDED DISCIPLINARIAN and put your business on a STRICT DIRECT MARKETING DIET
Now, I highly suggest you start reading these books. Dan goes into great details on the above rules that you MUST learn. Go pick up a copy on Amazon, or, heck, go to the library if you don’t want to spend the money, but it’ll be the best money you ever spend. All of the No B.S. books I have read have changed the way I have done business in real estate… and the commissions show for it.
Now go take action!