We have all seen the headline “SEX.” It grabs everyone by their ears and demands attention. And, it gets it!
You MUST have a headline that demands attentions or else the readers will fly right by your ad and you won’t make a sale. Not good.
One of the biggest marketing sins you can do is put your name or company logo at the top of an ad where the headline should be. This is a big NO-NO. Why? Because no one cares about you or your stupid logo. They care about what you can do for them!
Here are some of the greatest headlines of all times (from How To Write A Good Advertisement
by Victor Schwab).
- A Little Mistake That Cost A Farmer $3,000 A Year
- How A New Discovery Made A Plain Girl Beautiful
- How I Improved My Memory In One Evening
- Is The Life Of A Child Worth $1 To You?
- They Laughed When I Sate Down At The Piano – But When I Started To Play!
- Little Leaks That Keep Men Poor
- Suppose This Happened On Your Wedding Day!
- FREE BOOK – Tells You 12 Secrets Of Better Lawn Care
What do you see in these ads?
They all call out to specific prospect or problem we would all have. Look at “How I Improved My Memory In One Evening.” We all forget at times, so you’d be sure to read the rest of that at to see if there are a few tips on how you can improve your memory.
Take a look at “Little Leaks That Keep Men Poor.” What if you were poor… wouldn’t you read the ad to see if there maybe you have one of those leaks in your wallet? Of course you would!
In your headlines, you want to show a benefit of what your product or service can do for your prospect. Call out to your specific prospects with a benefit related headline and grab them by the neck and make them read your ad!
Quit using your logo and name at the top of your ad. This is prime ad real estate that you don’t want to waste.
Now got take action!