Whether it’s regarding food or email, nobody likes it. Heck, you don’t like it, right??
Well, today I’m going to talk about the “email” spam and how to send emails to your list without them ending up in the spam folder. Remember, if your email goes to spam it’s just like you never even sent it. What good is it if your email never gets read? Think about it…
Anywho, I got this trick from someone on an online marketing forum I’m apart of and decided to add a little twist to it.
So, here’s how to get your emails to go into your lists’ inbox and away from their spam box so it gets read:
- Once someone signs up for your email list send them a “Welcome” email and send them to a “Thank You” page on your site.
- On the “Thank You” page, be sure to tell your new subscriber what to expect from you, and tell them about the “Welcome” email they’ll be receiving shortly.
- Mention to your new subscriber that when they reply to your “Welcome” email you’ll send them a special gift. Now you could mention what the gift is or keep it a surprise, your choice.
- Be sure to tell your new subscriber again that they need to reply to the “Welcome” email to get the special gift.
- Once your new subscriber replies to the “Welcome” email your email address will be Whitelisted (this is when your subscriber’s email provider recognizes your email so it doesn’t send it to spam).
Bam! When your subscriber responds to your email then you know they’ll be getting your emails from here on out.
Added bonus, the more subscribers who respond to your “Welcome” email, the more your email address will be whitelisted, and the better chances new subscribers will receive all of your emails (and your “Welcome” email the first go around).
This is why it’s important to add the special bonus. There’s going to be subscribers who never-ever response, but you want to increase your chances they do respond.
Not sure what kind of special bonus to offer? Well, for me, I offer a digital copy of one of the most important books on advertising, Scientific Advertising, by advertising legend Claude Hopkins.
You could also offer an added free report, or you could ask your new subscriber a question. Just be sure to always offer VALUE.
What are you currently doing to keep your emails out of the spam box? Be sure to leave your answer in the comments below.
Oh, and before I forget, since I just started doing this little trick to keep my emails out of the spam box with the digital copy of Scientific Advertising, if you’d like to get a digital copy of Scientific Advertising be sure to email me and I’ll send you a copy (This was actually my first lead generation magnet before the 7 Marketing Mistakes e-Course).
And, would you like more email tips? Check out my notes from the Magnetic Email Marketing webinar I attended by Clicking Here.
Now go take action!
I typically make a short comment or short note on how or better they might of heard or connected with me. For example, glad you made it to the XYZ event.here’s the info I told you about.